Old 15-07-2010, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default delway cut and come again cabbage?

On 2010-07-13 23:35:22 +0100, gardenlen said:

g'day team,

coming from downunder.

very interested in this cabbage, available at irish seed savers but
they say they can't export outside the union.

any gardener have any ideas how we might source a supply of some seeds
please?

tia

Can anything can be sent to Australia or NZ without phytosanitary
certificates and a load of paper work? Sniffer dogs for apple cores seem
to indicate a certain caution!

--

Ain't that just the truth! My birthday parcel to Germany last year was a
long while arriving and when it finally got there it was bound up with
yellow tape "opened by Australia Post"
Yep, it went via Australia.
Inside it, amongst other things was a tiny packet of home-saved seeds that
my friend particularly wanted. It was wrapped in an inch square white paper
sealed with sellotape marked "goldlack" - the German word for wallflower.
I was a bit cross as they'd managed to break an Eeyore mug (she's a Winnie
fan) and there was no need to open it anyway as it was clearly addressed to
Germany, with my EU return address on, so there was nothing illegal going on
at all and the parcel had obviously gone astray.
They must have seed sniffer dogs too ;-)
So the chances of the OP getting a packet of seeds from outside Oz by asking
here would seem a bit remote.
Tina