Old 16-07-2010, 05:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default New Trees

brooklyn1 wrote:

Planting price remains the same regardless the time of year... they
charge 75% the selling price for planting, 50% the selling price for
purchases totalling over $1,000. I bought the Chestnut to reach the
$1,000... total with planting is $1,750.01.

For five large trees including planting? That's a good deal.

You can't get a 3 inch caliper tree, deciduous or evergreen, in the
Denver area for less than ~$400 (and most are more.) They charge 50%
for delivery and planting with a 1 year guarantee.

The garden club in our neighborhood has bought a Royal Red maple
in memory of one of its few charter members remaining who died recently
of cancer. It will be planted in our neighborhood park tomorrow.

http://search.schultesgreenhouse.com...os/A110-15.jpg

This isn't the greatest weather for planting, but since we go from
blazing heat to snow with not much between, there's not much choice.

gloria p