Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
NetMax

Default Timer Information please

"Cesium" wrote in message
If the informed response is no, a possible solution is to use a timer

drive the ac coils of a DPDT or SPDT relay. Connect AC+, your lights

and

If you don't mind: Netmax, just out of curiosity, what do you do for a
living? This is the second time I've heard you mention DPDT relay in

one
check of the groups.

BTW, interesting article for anyone to read:
Amazing.
-Cesium

It's just behaving as an amplifier. The circuit picked up RFI type EMI,
and without tuned filters to remove it, the frequency (oscillation) was
not supressed. The software test criteria then reinforced it by
controlling the gate timing to pass it through. I found the article a
little silly, (in a clever way), maybe I just don't get it.

The use of industrial relays for process control is really easy. I've
wired SPDT relays into electrical boxes in not much more time than I
would need to change a GFCI receptacle. I might not be making it sound
as easy as it really is. I once built up a hardware solution with about
20 relays, some nested, and mostly operating on negative logic (now that
will give you a headache). Much easier to do it in software, but this
was part of fail-safe equipment monitoring air flow, temperatures, etc,
controlling about 200A at 600Vac, and driving fire alarms and power down
systems (high power environmental chamber). Now that was a rat's nest
;o)

What do I do? I actually start a new job this Monday. I will be
managing the tropical fish dept for a large pet shop opening next month.
I will have a lot to learn and it will be an interesting change from the
usual engineering stuff I have been doing, but with everything I've
learned from the newsgroups, I should be fine.

cheers
NetMax