Old 16-07-2010, 09:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default New Tree Pictures

Crew arrives with equipment and trees:
http://i28.tinypic.com/f0bwgi.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/3096gd0.jpg

Sure beats hand digging:
http://i29.tinypic.com/b6zggj.jpg

Flowering horse chestnut, my water hauler:
http://i27.tinypic.com/takegy.jpg

Sugar maple:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2mpeff7.jpg

Elm, very graceful:
http://i27.tinypic.com/5x3fop.jpg

Colorado blue spruce, after my hawthorne:
http://i26.tinypic.com/2yla5c4.jpg

"Fat Albert" Colorado blue spruce:
http://i32.tinypic.com/2wlynnc.jpg

The "Crimson King" Norway maple I planted seven years ago to replace
the one I had removed:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ntl20m.jpg

I got shanghied (volunteered) to play Gunga Din. I hauled 20 gallons
for each tree. In this heat with no rain the ground is bone dry. Now
I'm hoping for a good long drenching rain, otherwise I'll be hauling
more water. The sky looks very threatening here but there are no
gaurantees with weather. I'm very pleased with how everything
turned out... there is really no way to know how new trees will look
in the landscape until they're actually in the ground, I think they
look great. Now they need to grow.