Old 17-07-2010, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Ay outdoor tomatoes ripening yet?

wrote in message
David WE Roberts wrote:
I would have thought that there should be some ready by now, especially
with
all the warm weather.

We'e got our first almost-ripe outdoor tomato in a basket by the (south
facing) back door! Which is at about the same stage as the tiniest of the
greenhoused cherry toms, and not a patch of colour yet on any of the
bigger
toms ..

We cheated(ish) and brought home a green cherry tomato that had got knocked
off the bush.
After a week or so in the fruit bowl it has finallt ripened :-)
More, a tomato (not cherry) on the allotment is starting to change colour.
Will the excitement never end?

Cheers

Dave R

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder