Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
alex crouvier

Default Lighting in 15G

I have 2 15-gallon tanks in my apt. I use 65-watt of fluorescent, DIY CO2 at
15ppm and you can see some of the faster-growing plants like Hygro Difformis
pearling. At ideal condition, you can see pearling underneath the leaves of
anubias nana and swords. This I have seen happened.

But you gotta control feeding frequency. You can easily get all sort of
algae of leaves and glass surfaces. Last I got was the nasty black brush
algae on my anubias. Now it's gone and I am not sure if that's the handiwork
of 3 SAEs I purchased a month ago or the reduction of CO2 & lighting. Now
it's my sword turn to get attacked by the black brush. I was wondering if
sailfin molly will eat those???

"Dave" wrote in message
All glass makes a twin tube strip light that will give you 30 watts over a
15 gallon tank if you have a glass top over the tank.

"Ghazanfar Ghori" wrote in message
et...
The other issue I have is that I'd really like to increase the light
levels in there. I presently have 15W, but I feel that's not enough
for the plants ....
.....Bearing in mind the
depth of water is only 12", should I bother with more than 15W?

For a 15 gallon tank, in order to grow plants well, I'd go with
atleast 30 Watts. Preferably 45 Watts. Also look into DIY CO2.