Old 19-07-2010, 04:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Good Online Source for Roses ??

In article ,
Boron Elgar wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:26:01 -0400, "James"
wrote:

It looks like Jackson & Perkins has gone belly-up. Can anyone here
recommend a good online source for ordering roses ?

Thanks !!

James

What happened to J&P?

Meanwhile, for specialty roses, try David Austin:

http://www.davidaustinroses.com/american/advanced.asp

For what I consider run-of-the-mill roses, I have had excellent luck
in the spring at Costco or BJs (in the US...I assume you are here,
too).

Each store has inexpensive two packs of classics, such as Lincoln or
climbers of even singles of tree roses (I have a spectacular Julia
Child floribunda tree rose that has been blooming all summer that was
less than $20.)

Boron

I've found David Austin roses able to put up with my neglect and shade.
Some of the varieties do not look like classic teas but the scents are
there and tactile images. Worth a hard look.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?