Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
E. Mito

Default dying plants, and I don't know why

In article , "Trooper"
writes:

It's a 10 gallon tank. The lighting is pretty intense. I have two CF
bulbs, about 14 watts each. I actually raised the tank lid 4 inches
so it wouldn't be so bright in the tank. This does give me some
algae problems which I have to keep control of by hand unfortunately.

Fertilizer... not usually, but once in a while I'll add some liquid
fertilizer.
I think it's good stuff... when the plants are slightly yellow, it really
makes them turn back to a nice green. =o)

What kind of substrate do you have and do you use a UGF? Which of your plants
are ailing? Also, do you perform regular water changes? Maybe some of the
trace elements in your water have been depleted and some fresh new tap water
might help. Otherwise, maybe you need to fertilize more regularly, and with a
high-light tank, it might also be helpful to CO2 inject...?

I'm still not a plant expert, but these are some of the things I would consider
trying.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm