Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Iain Miller

Default Confused about CO2 Kit "Sizes"

"Steve Galupe" wrote in message
No more DIY CO2 for you!

Have you ever used these pressurized CO2 before?

Nope ! Not even DIY - couldn't be bothered with it - I know CO2 will work
so I went for the easiest possible solution.

This kit comes with a PH meter & solenoid so should be fairly easy to
control (I hope!). I found a cheap source of either 3 or 6 kilo (food grade)
CO2 bottles so I have ordered the kit & looking forward to seeing what it
can do. My tank is about 275L (around 90 USG) & the kit is specified for
200l. I havn't bought the extension pieces yet - i'll see how it does with
the standard reactor. I have control over the Kh of my water (via a peat
filtering rig I built) & I now can remove all the Nitrates as well. My GH is
around 10 deg after peat filtering so thats within reasonable limits as
well. I can make the Kh whatever I like but am planning towards 4-5 degrees.

The tank has only been running for about 10 days (with 6 platties in it for
cycling). I already have Nitrates & good filters (2xEheim 2224). Its fairly
heavily planted with all kinds of stuff & I am afdding fertilizer (which
reminds me, I must put the root tabs in!).

I'm thinking about a second rig for my other (community) tank (about 200L).
The Nitrates have gone mad in there but I am getting that under control with
big water changes with Nitrate free water. (My tap is at 50ppm at least!). I
bought a Nitragon filter & it works a treat.

Discus in my new tank in about 2-3 months I hope.

I.