Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Steve Galupe

Default Otto cats are hungry?

I'm observing the swords (E. osiris) to see if they will recover. I have
laterite (First Layer by aquapharm) and sand. And then another layer of sand
on top of the mix. 40 watts of lighting (2 T-8s with Glomat 2 electronic
ballast), Sera Florenette A root tabs and Sera Florena(liquid) as
fertilizer, and pressurized CO2 injected through the venturi of my filter.
I just started to experiment with oyster shells to add Ca and Mg to my setup
bec. the water is really soft and acidic. GH is not measurable. Kh is low
as well. pH is ~6.5.

Tank is a 27 gallon tank (12"w x 30"l x 17"h).

Occupants are : 7 diamond tetras, 3 albino corys, 3 cherry barbs, and 3 otto
cats

"Paige Gallegos" wrote in message
hlink.net...
As for your swordplant it doesn't sound too good. I been told that they
require a lot of light and get their nutrients from the roots.

We have 3 otto cats; they do realy well on the glass algae but do love the
algae tablets I give every once in a while (as do all the other fish in

the
tank!)