Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Steve Galupe

Default Otto cats are hungry?

My swordplant leaves are starting to look transluscent. The is no visible
damage to the leaf (i.e. rasping marks) but parts of the leaves' underside
looks like there gone. Any tips on feeding these guys?

I've only had them for a week. I might have gotten one that likes fish
slime. I see it following my albino corys.

Help!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Steve Galupe

It's been raining all week. And more rain to come.
Typical pacific northwest weather.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
E. Mito

In article , "Steve Galupe"
writes:

Any tips on feeding these guys?

I've only had them for a week. I might have gotten one that likes fish
slime. I see it following my albino corys.

What about algae tabs...they don't like those? How big is your tank
and how many do you have?

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Steve Galupe

I have a ~27 gallon tank (12"x30"x17") tank. I have three of them. I just
blanched a piece of spinach right now but none of them have tried to
approach it (lights are off in the tank, just a small lamp across the room
from the aquarium.)

I don't have any algae tabs, I'm currently experimenting vegetable matter
right now. Can I have some? I'll come over in a couple of minutes. :-)

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Aqua

It's nutrient deficiency.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Paulio629

Try blanched zucchini. Mine Like it, so do the plec's.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Paige Gallegos

As for your swordplant it doesn't sound too good. I been told that they
require a lot of light and get their nutrients from the roots.

We have 3 otto cats; they do realy well on the glass algae but do love the
algae tablets I give every once in a while (as do all the other fish in the
tank!)

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Steve Galupe

Thank you.

I blanched some spinach and they seem to like it. Made a lot of mess (green
pooh). Right now I have them in a breeding tank hooked on the side of the
aquarium and a little cave for them in it to.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Steve Galupe

I'm observing the swords (E. osiris) to see if they will recover. I have
laterite (First Layer by aquapharm) and sand. And then another layer of sand
on top of the mix. 40 watts of lighting (2 T-8s with Glomat 2 electronic
ballast), Sera Florenette A root tabs and Sera Florena(liquid) as
fertilizer, and pressurized CO2 injected through the venturi of my filter.
I just started to experiment with oyster shells to add Ca and Mg to my setup
bec. the water is really soft and acidic. GH is not measurable. Kh is low
as well. pH is ~6.5.

Tank is a 27 gallon tank (12"w x 30"l x 17"h).

Occupants are : 7 diamond tetras, 3 albino corys, 3 cherry barbs, and 3 otto
cats

hlink.net...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Choghok

[...]

As somebody mentioned earlier, you can feed them blanched zuchini,
although I use it raw because when softer it tends to disintegrate
more easily and dirty my tank. One of my cory cats cats recently has
taken a liking to the zuchinis as well :-). If you use the zuchini
raw, you need to do somthing to hold it in place - I push it into the
sand.

I also feed my corys with bottom feeder tablets and these the otos
also like and eat.

if you'll judge Otto's navel with cats, it'll badly irrigate the butcher Little American Rapper United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 12:39 PM
[IBC] Fwd: Hungry Boxwood, non bonsai Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 03-11-2003 04:42 PM
Max: Awake n Hungry K Barrett Orchids 2 15-06-2003 07:20 PM
Phosphate hungry plants TimmyBrisby Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
Nutrient deficiency or hungry otos? Richard Krush Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:20 AM