Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Steve Galupe

Default Confused about CO2 Kit "Sizes"

Sounds like a really nice setup.

I have a tip. Make sure it is hidden well. DON'T let the sun hit it or put
it near a heat source bec. the pressure in the tank will change (hot air
expands, cold air contracts).

Even with a needle valve, the pressure will change. It might cause the tank
to be overdosed with CO2. Have an air pump, in case it does happen, to help
aerate the tank.

But maybe the pH meter and solenoid will help stop it.
Keep an eye on the tank.

GOOD LUCK!

"Iain Miller" wrote in message

"Steve Galupe" wrote in message
No more DIY CO2 for you!

Have you ever used these pressurized CO2 before?

Nope ! Not even DIY - couldn't be bothered with it - I know CO2 will work
so I went for the easiest possible solution.

This kit comes with a PH meter & solenoid so should be fairly easy to
control (I hope!). I found a cheap source of either 3 or 6 kilo (food

grade)
CO2 bottles so I have ordered the kit & looking forward to seeing what it
can do. My tank is about 275L (around 90 USG) & the kit is specified for
200l. I havn't bought the extension pieces yet - i'll see how it does with
the standard reactor. I have control over the Kh of my water (via a peat
filtering rig I built) & I now can remove all the Nitrates as well. My GH

is
around 10 deg after peat filtering so thats within reasonable limits as
well. I can make the Kh whatever I like but am planning towards 4-5

degrees.

The tank has only been running for about 10 days (with 6 platties in it

for
cycling). I already have Nitrates & good filters (2xEheim 2224). Its

fairly
heavily planted with all kinds of stuff & I am afdding fertilizer (which
reminds me, I must put the root tabs in!).

I'm thinking about a second rig for my other (community) tank (about

200L).
The Nitrates have gone mad in there but I am getting that under control

with
big water changes with Nitrate free water. (My tap is at 50ppm at least!).

bought a Nitragon filter & it works a treat.

Discus in my new tank in about 2-3 months I hope.

I.