Old 28-07-2010, 07:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L.[_2_] Dan L.[_2_] is offline

Default All American Canner

In article
,
richardg wrote:

I can a lot of tomato juice each year and I am in the market for a 30
qt All American Canner. This unit will hold 16 quart jars of tomato
juice. It will probably weigh about 80 pounds when I fill it. I
process them in my basement. Is there a heavy duty gas (natural or
propane) or electric burner that will support such a weight?
Thanks, Richard

Well rec.food.preserving would answer you better. However, I like my 20
qt 4 qt jars or 10 pint jar american canner. Smaller canners cool down
faster and do double batches faster than larger ones. Weight and height
is your enemy. I hope you do not have a microwave oven above your stove
or you wont be able to use it. Your better off with two smaller canners
than one big one. Try the the other newsgroup for better information.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.