Old 29-07-2010, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L.[_2_] Dan L.[_2_] is offline

Default All American Canner

In article ,
"Thos" wrote:

You could use the stand and propane burner that is used for a turkey fryer.
It will easily hold that amount of weight. Not sure about the safety issue
of doing it in your basement though.

"richardg" wrote in message
I can a lot of tomato juice each year and I am in the market for a 30
qt All American Canner. This unit will hold 16 quart jars of tomato
juice. It will probably weigh about 80 pounds when I fill it. I
process them in my basement. Is there a heavy duty gas (natural or
propane) or electric burner that will support such a weight?
Thanks, Richard

Also the heat needs to be adjustable for a pressure canner. However, a
BWB water baths temperature does not need that much regulating. For
tomatoes I usually use the BWB method.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.