Old 29-07-2010, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Can you identify mystery plant tall stem with star top and largeleaves

Bob wrote:

Funny, ours in the ground survived OK, in fact they have doubled themselves
and are looking better this year than they have for years. (I did originally
plant them deep though, probably 10 years or so ago)

I was certain mine would not survive - the bulbs looked in a bad way
before they started into growth. Most produced 2 new shoots out of
the tops of the bulbs, indicating some winter damage. They have
produced twice as many flower spikes as last year, so it seems that
bicolor at least, improves after a tough winter.