Old 30-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Miss C Miss C is offline
Registered User

Default Help to ID garden shrub?

Hello one and all,

My very first post on this forum (took me a little while to figure out how to do that!) and I was wondering if anyone could help ID this shrub? I was wondering if it was a cotoneaster (a number of which are now considered non-native invasives plant species) or something else. The reason I don't think it is a cotoneaster is that the leaves are alternate not opposite, but my garden plant ID skills are fairly poor! Another suggestion was privet honeysuckle, but the leaves are the wrong shape and the plant was more waxy and less privet like. Please help!!

Thanks,
Miss C
Attached Thumbnails
Help to ID garden shrub?-shrub.jpg   Help to ID garden shrub?-shrub2.jpg