Old 30-07-2010, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jill Bell[_3_] Jill Bell[_3_] is offline

Default Help to ID garden shrub?

On 30/07/2010 12:14, Miss C wrote:
Hello one and all,

My very first post on this forum (took me a little while to figure out
how to do that!) and I was wondering if anyone could help ID this shrub?
I was wondering if it was a cotoneaster (a number of which are now
considered non-native invasives plant species) or something else. The
reason I don't think it is a cotoneaster is that the leaves are
alternate not opposite, but my garden plant ID skills are fairly poor!
Another suggestion was privet honeysuckle, but the leaves are the wrong
shape and the plant was more waxy and less privet like. Please help!!

Hi, Welcome to uk.rec.gardening.

It looks like Lonicera nitida.