Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default brown edges of frogbit

On 12 Nov 2002 20:08:15 -0800, (Allen Smith)
wrote:

I am not sure, but I think the leaves turning brown and looking like
they are dying is more a sign of nitrate defiency than iron. Iron
defiency looks like yellow where there should be green, not brown
where there should be green.

Any signs of holes in the leaves of any other plants? Potassium can
brown the edges of frogbit.

Additionally, aphids (little bugs) can often cause similar damage.
The bugs are visible, so you can easily tell if you've got them.

If the frogbit is still growing new leaves, than I wouldn't put
nitrate at the top of my list.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua