Old 31-07-2010, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Neighbours trees fence and animals long post

"Brunettebarbie" wrote

The neighbour at the bottom of my garden has huge conifers and a tree
that im unsure of its name looks a little bit like a birch, anyway they
constantly drop debris in my garden they are massively overgrown and i
cannot afford to have the overhang clipped back and they are as tall as
if not bigger than the house.
I have a slopped garden and the bottom i have done for my 3 year ols
daughter using rubber mulch she has her outdoor toys etc down there but
the trees are making a right mess every morning i have to go clear up im
very concerned that at some point branches may fall and hit her or
damage her toys etc. The neighbour in question has a fence behind mine
which is taller than mine and the trees are causing his fence to split
and collapse there is now a big gap in his fence and he has a big
aggressive rottwiller which also concerns me that it will get through.
At the back of his fence he has sheds with eagle owls etc in them which
stink and are causing rodent problems. This guy is renowned for being
argumentative and aggresive i only moved in in May what do i do now, ive
knocked on his door to try discuss and he never answers !!!!

You mean the trees have overgrown the space, shows a lack of understanding
on behalf of the planter.
They must have been "overgrown" when you moved in so why did you move in?
They must have been "overgrown" when you sited your kiddies play area down
there, so why did you?
Trees shed leaves etc, you knew they would when you moved in, so what is you
problem?
Sorry to offend but you have to take a great deal of responsibility here for
the situation you are now in.

It will now be very difficult for you, a new neighbour who walked into an
existing situation, to do anything about it.
Personally I'd get a pruning saw and start cutting off branches level with
the fence, but remember any wood is you neighbours property so he should
have the say on how it is disposed, throwing it back at him is unwise.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden