Old 30-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered User

Default Neighbours trees fence and animals long post

The neighbour at the bottom of my garden has huge conifers and a tree that im unsure of its name looks a little bit like a birch, anyway they constantly drop debris in my garden they are massively overgrown and i cannot afford to have the overhang clipped back and they are as tall as if not bigger than the house.
I have a slopped garden and the bottom i have done for my 3 year ols daughter using rubber mulch she has her outdoor toys etc down there but the trees are making a right mess every morning i have to go clear up im very concerned that at some point branches may fall and hit her or damage her toys etc. The neighbour in question has a fence behind mine which is taller than mine and the trees are causing his fence to split and collapse there is now a big gap in his fence and he has a big aggressive rottwiller which also concerns me that it will get through. At the back of his fence he has sheds with eagle owls etc in them which stink and are causing rodent problems. This guy is renowned for being argumentative and aggresive i only moved in in May what do i do now, ive knocked on his door to try discuss and he never answers !!!!
Old 31-07-2010, 06:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/07/2010 22:09, Brunettebarbie wrote:
[...]

I would ask your question on two other Newsgroups, namely :
uk.legal.moderated and uk.d-i-y , that way you will get a better spread
of replies.

Good luck

Don
Old 31-07-2010, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Brunettebarbie" wrote

[...]

You mean the trees have overgrown the space, shows a lack of understanding
on behalf of the planter.
They must have been "overgrown" when you moved in so why did you move in?
They must have been "overgrown" when you sited your kiddies play area down
there, so why did you?
Trees shed leaves etc, you knew they would when you moved in, so what is you
problem?
Sorry to offend but you have to take a great deal of responsibility here for
the situation you are now in.

It will now be very difficult for you, a new neighbour who walked into an
existing situation, to do anything about it.
Personally I'd get a pruning saw and start cutting off branches level with
the fence, but remember any wood is you neighbours property so he should
have the say on how it is disposed, throwing it back at him is unwise.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 31-07-2010, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:09:20 +0000, Brunettebarbie
wrote:

The neighbour at the bottom of my garden has huge conifers and a tree
that im unsure of its name looks a little bit like a birch, [...]

I've snipped the rest as people can read your original post.

It's just that GardenBanter, which you've joined, takes your forum
questions and sends them on to this newsgroup in the hope that the
good people here will answer them (which is what usually happens). So
come thru to the group.

This is a gardening group and your question is largely legal, so
Donwill's suggestion about posting in a different newsgroup is right.
However, GardenBanter won't allow you to do that so you need to try
something like Google Groups if your internet provider doesn't give
you direct access to what's often referred to as "Usenet".

That said, a layman's offering is that:

1) If you bought your property then you should have researched it
better before you paid up. Bob has got it right so I won't repeat what
he says.
2) If, on the other hand, you are in your house as a tenant of a
housing association or local council then things are slightly
different, particularly if the neighbour is also a tenant of the same
association or council. In that case you could have a chat with your
tenant worker or housing officer, at least about the dog if not the
trees, and maybe get yourself on the list for rehousing.
3) In the meantime, if you are worried about something falling onto
your child's head then move her play area. Speaking frankly, the trees
were there before you put her play area under them so you only have
yourself to blame if something does fall on her head. There is a
famous phrase about "making your own bed and having to lie in it!"

Jake

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon
Old 31-07-2010, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Brunettebarbie" wrote

[...]

You are so kind, Bob.
Let's look at this, New poster
objecting to trees shedding leaves, neighbour has damaged fence and to add
to that he apparently has a Rottweiller, which will of course burst through
said damaged fence to kill all children. Add to this he also has eagle owls
and all sorts of dangerous birds like that.
Did you not smell a troll at all?
Tina

Old 01-08-2010, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Brunettebarbie wrote:

The neighbour at the bottom of my garden
snipped

Reading this post with its total lack of punctuation, poor spelling and
poor capitalisation, I smell an illitarate teen age troll.
Eagle owls no less. He'll be telling us about dragons in the garage
with his next posting.

Peter
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
from being gruntled.
P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Christina Websell[_2_
;

You are so kind, Bob.
Let's look at this, New poster
objecting to trees shedding leaves ...
To be fair, if they're birch, it's not leaves she's objecting too, it twigs and branches. I have to collect them from my garden by the armful.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"Brunettebarbie" wrote

[...]

I moved in because it was the only rented property avalible to me and my family in a hurry.

Childs play area was done at the bottom for obvious reasons the gardens on a slope and tiered its the largest tier and the levelest top tiers are concrete and 3 tier drops off into the last tier i didnt fancy the girls falling off the tiers whilest playing.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered User

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell[_2_] View Post
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Brunettebarbie" wrote

[...]

Im new to gardening and looking for advise and too say im a troll is a tad unfair thanks for the warm welcome !!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

"Brunettebarbie" wrote-

-
[...]

Your best bet is to have a word with the Enviromental officer of the
local council and see if he can help but apart from asking your neighbour
to keep his dog under control there is not likely to be a lot he can do.

(I think it was the Eagle Owls that made people think it was a wind up!
its not your every day sort of problem)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 06-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Pridham[_2_] View Post
In article ,
says...

Bob Hobden;895989 Wrote:
"Brunettebarbie" wrote-

[...]

ROSELAND HOUSE GARDEN & NURSERY
Lapageria rosea
Thankyou for your reply, i didnt think about Enviromental office, the Owl is not a wind up, reading back my post i can see how funny it looks but my critics are more than welcome to visit my garden and see the owl, trees, and dog for themselves.

Thanks Rachael.