Old 31-07-2010, 08:11 PM
JMacA JMacA is offline
Registered User

Default Old Soil, New Lawn

Hi all

I have joined this as my boy friend and I have a problem. The garden of our new house had not been touched in aprox 5 years, so we have set about it with back breaking work and are down to the soil now, but previously had brambles, nettles and grass shoulder deep in parts. Now looking at a way to get a new lawn down 9/10 weed killers need the weeds to work on the roots, but we don't want weeds, esp brambles, sprouting through our lawn.

In a nutshell we need a root only weed killer that will keep the soil fertile PLEASE HELP!!