Old 31-07-2010, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Squirrel repellents

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:05:06 -0700 (PDT), Nanzi
wrote:

On Jul 26, 8:33*am, Phisherman wrote:
I have a squirrel issue. *They are getting onto and into my clay
flowerpots to lick the fertilizer salts that build up on the rim of
the clay pots. * Any idea on how to deter them? *I am considering
making soup, but for that I'd only need 2 or 3. *

A greyhound and a Jack Russell are quite effective here. They keep 'em
up in the trees where they belong, and if they don't, a pellet or bb
does em in. We back up to woods and there are a never ending supply
of them to keep Pop amused. Gun sits right next to sliding door, and
the dogs know the word Squirrel!!
We just can't afford to feed them the amounts they steal from the
bird feeders. We'd have to declare them dependants on our income
tax!!! Suspect the feds wouldn't be amused!! Nan in DE

Only a total pinhead would expect that squirrels can read:
"avian food" "rodent food". duh

You're attracting the squirrels, you imbecile... a 12 ga. deer slug
between your eyes would be no great loss save the price of the round.