Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default Treating my lawn for Japanese beetle grubs worth it?

In Bert Hyman
wrote:

So far as I can tell, NOTHING else in the garden is the least bit
interesting to the beetles.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

While I was entertaining myself picking the beetles off the rose bushes,
they were busily devouring our purple leaf sandcherries.

My excuse for not noticing 'til now is that the sandcherries are way in
the back, and the damage to the dark leaves is hard to see until you're
right on top of them.

They're positioned so that it's impractical to pick off the bugs as we
do with the roses, so some sort of chemical warfare might be needed
here.

We're also trying out some Bayer combo fertilizer/systemic
insecticide on the roses, but it's only been out for a couple of days.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN