Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Da' Fishboy

Default Confused about CO2 Kit "Sizes"

The CO2 gas is under so little pressure I am expecting that the leakage is
rather small. Take for an example a garden hose that has had small pin
holes poked into it. If there is little to no back pressure on the system
the leakage will be either none or very small as the water wants to find the
easiest way to release. I would assume that CO2 gas functions in pretty
much the same manner. Since the back pressure on our CO2 systems is small
I would expect the same results.

Just my two cents...

Earl

"Steve Galupe" wrote in message
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/tubing.html

found the article!

"E. Mito" wrote in message
In article , "Steve

Galupe"
writes:

Hello... I have read somewhere (The Krib?) that silicone tubing can

leak
out
30% of the CO2 gas bec. of the permeability of the airline. CO2

tubing
is
made from different materials that keep this from happening.

I noticed CO2 tubing for sale at Drs. F&S and it was significantly more
expensive than regular airline tubing -- I'm using regular airline

tubing
and
get satisfactory CO2 levels in my water...does the CO2 actually damage

the
tubing and degrade it? Anybody know?

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm