Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Biochar in the news

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
gardenlen wrote:

like wheeling out the good old slash and burn technology under a
different light?

they never mention the pollution caused in making the stuff once put
into the atmosphee can't be taken back (smoke and gasses not
contained), nor the transporation of it from point of making to where
it is to be used and also the transporting etc.,. of trees to the burn
site, also the preassure put on forests this becomes another reason to
deal in deforestation.

icing does make the cake hey?

the picture on this site speaks a thousand words:

http://www.biochar.org/joomla/

also see my page for pic's of homemade incinerators all in the name of
bio-char (quiet a back yard industry burgeoning to make and supply
like to other gardeners):

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/permaculture_essay.htm

scroll down.

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 06:11:26 -0400, Bill who putters
wrote:
snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

You snipped so well that all I know is your involved with Jesus.

Slash and burn worked and it may offer some useful alterative. You
seem hyper.

Read this again http://www.biochar.org/joomla/

Jesus Is Just Alright 2:11 Byrds 20 Essential Tracks From the Boxed
Set: 1965-90 Rock/Pop MPEG audio file 80 3 7/6/10 5:24 PM

Jesus is Just Alright with Me 4:36 Doobie Brothers MPEG audio
file

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?