Old 04-08-2010, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Tomato question

Roy Bailey wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a specific variety known for this, or have
I discovered a new one? I don't ever remember seeing a tomato plant
before that did not produce side shoots.

I'm not sure I've had one before that has produced /none/, but they do seem
a bit haphazard about how many and how well they produce - it seems, in my
experience (and this is, obv, totally anecdotal) that side shoot production
may be more related to the conditions than the variety? Certainly I've got
the same variety with different levels of side-shoots in grow bags next to
each other (which would imply to me it may be watering or feeding)

I could, of course, be totally wrong. :-)