Old 05-08-2010, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Another tomato question

In article , says...
I just throw them on the compost heap as soon as I find them, in fact I
check the young fruit for defects and dispose of any that have blemishes. We
always grow too many anyway.

Years ago I remember my bother bottling tomatos in Kilner Jars.

A few years back we had such a glut, I dug out an ancient cook book and
found how to do it.

We now bottle all our surplace in 0.5 litre jars and use them through
the year instead of tined tomatos. I don't even bother to skin them (as
recommended) as usually they go into casseroles and the like, so get
plenty of cooking.

Roger T