Old 06-08-2010, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato question

"Roy Bailey" wrote in message
In article
, harry
writes
[snipped]

The volunteers rarely come to anything. I think this because they are
either from F1 hybrids or they are random crosses with other things.
I just pull them up these days with the weeds.

But surely this is the way new varieties are formed.

I may have accidentally grown a tomato that all the world will want.

On the other hand ...!

All you have to do now is to keep it alive over the winter until you can
grow it on in sterile surroundings so you can control the pollenation and
get seed that breeds true to the parent.

Assuming of course the tomatoes it produces taste nice ;-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)