Old 07-08-2010, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Unknown plant help!

Stephen Downie wrote:
I thought it might be a potatoe plant but it is very strange and as well
as these white flowers have these small green berries that are forming.

It's a potato. Don't eat the berries. Also, watch out for something very
similar but slightly darker (leaves and berries), which is nightshade. We
get a lot of nightshade where potatoes have been growing previously, not
/entirely/ sure why (I presume it's something to do with leaving potatoes to
grow, so because they are similar they don't get weeded out - or possibly
trying to optomise growing conditions for potatoes means we get a
nightshade-friendly patch, which helps them establish)