Old 08-08-2010, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Daddy Tadpole Daddy Tadpole is offline

Default De-liming soil

All plants need calcium (lime), but some of the ones we particularly like
can't survive with more than trace amounts. We also know that soil that
contains some lime, but not too much, gets depleted if you repeatedly
harvest stuff and don't make good the deficiency.

Hence my question: what plants would most rapidly deplete soil that contains
just a a bit too much lime for rhododendrons and suchlike? A politically
correct approach could be to plant the right kinds of veggies between the
bushes. Possibly someone might be able to propose a more practical approach,
for example a method of preparing batches of low-lime soil.

Regards