Old 10-08-2010, 12:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Resin (Plastic) Plant Pot

On Aug 9, 9:51*pm, Kate wrote:
I have noticed that many stores do not sell the bases (can't think of
the official name) that go with plant pots anymore.

Therefore, I won't be drilling holes in the bottom of this pot for
drainage. *I will be putting small rocks on the bottom for drainage and
planting a dwarf alberta spruce in it.

Has anyone done this and did the tree survive?

Thanks.

Kate

If pot were sold for use with a base it would already have holes in
it. I assume pot sold without holes is not made for a base. Some I
have like this outside, I drill holes in side about half way down to
prevent flooding if there is a lot of rain. Rock bottom is not going
to help if pot is full of water.