Old 13-08-2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plant Herbs in the kitchen - floor problems!

Rosemary Colt wrote:
Hey,

my name is Rose and I need the help of experts.

I would like to have over the cold winter some herbs in our kitchen,
and everything is fine, but I dont want to make the floor dirty.

Why would having herbs in the kitchen make the floor dirty? I assume that
you are growing these herbs in pots. Put the herbs in their pots outside,
wipe the pots clean and then bring them in. There is no reason why you
would then spill dirt inside unless your pet rat has the run of the house..

Do you have any ideas where I can find a protecting carpet, I am not
sure which carpet I should use for the floor. We have nice laminate
inside..

many thanks for your support

rose

Why would you want to put carpet over the laminate to protect it? You don't
need any special floor covering to have some pot plants in the kitchen.

David