Old 12-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Registered User

Location: sheffield
Default Plant Herbs in the kitchen - floor problems!

Hey,

my name is Rose and I need the help of experts.

I would like to have over the cold winter some herbs in our kitchen, and everything is fine, but I dont want to make the floor dirty.

Do you have any ideas where I can find a protecting carpet, I am not sure which carpet I should use for the floor. We have nice laminate inside..

many thanks for your support

rose
Old 12-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Registered User

Location: sheffield

hey, its me again...

I have found a chair mat what do you thing, this one is for the office, but when its good for the office, its also good for my kitchen, or?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Registered User

Location: sheffield

no response?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rosemary Colt" wrote in message

Hey,

my name is Rose and I need the help of experts.

I would like to have over the cold winter some herbs in our kitchen, and
everything is fine, but I dont want to make the floor dirty.

Do you have any ideas where I can find a protecting carpet, I am not
sure which carpet I should use for the floor. We have nice laminate
inside..

many thanks for your support

rose

Boot trays - the things people put their wet shoes & boots in when they come
in the house on a wet day. Carpet is not a good idea, for painfully obvious
reasons.

Old 13-08-2010, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Rosemary Colt" wrote in
message

Hey,

my name is Rose and I need the help of experts.

I would like to have over the cold winter some herbs in our kitchen,
and
everything is fine, but I dont want to make the floor dirty.

Do you have any ideas where I can find a protecting carpet, I am not
sure which carpet I should use for the floor. We have nice laminate
inside..

many thanks for your support

rose

Boot trays - the things people put their wet shoes & boots in when
they come
in the house on a wet day. Carpet is not a good idea, for painfully
obvious
reasons.

Boot trays are the best. Outdoor/Indoor carpet may help also.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan Using an iPad to post this message.

Old 13-08-2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

Rosemary Colt wrote:
Hey,

my name is Rose and I need the help of experts.

I would like to have over the cold winter some herbs in our kitchen,
and everything is fine, but I dont want to make the floor dirty.

Why would having herbs in the kitchen make the floor dirty? I assume that
you are growing these herbs in pots. Put the herbs in their pots outside,
wipe the pots clean and then bring them in. There is no reason why you
would then spill dirt inside unless your pet rat has the run of the house..

Do you have any ideas where I can find a protecting carpet, I am not
sure which carpet I should use for the floor. We have nice laminate
inside..

many thanks for your support

rose

Why would you want to put carpet over the laminate to protect it? You don't
need any special floor covering to have some pot plants in the kitchen.

David

Old 13-08-2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Dan L" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Rosemary Colt" wrote in
message

Hey,

my name is Rose and I need the help of experts.

I would like to have over the cold winter some herbs in our kitchen,
and
everything is fine, but I dont want to make the floor dirty.

Do you have any ideas where I can find a protecting carpet, I am not
sure which carpet I should use for the floor. We have nice laminate
inside..

many thanks for your support

rose

Boot trays - the things people put their wet shoes & boots in when
they come
in the house on a wet day. Carpet is not a good idea, for painfully
obvious
reasons.

Boot trays are the best. Outdoor/Indoor carpet may help also.

No rims on carpet. When she overwaters something, the water will end up all
over the floor.

Old 13-08-2010, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Dan L" wrote in message
-septe
mber.org...
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
[...]

Don't you water your pots in the sink, and then put them into a terra
cotta saucer to catch any further seepage? What kind of herbs are we
talking here? Most herbs need more than a 60W bulb, or a couple of hours
in a window looking out on fog in its infinite shades of grey. Chives,
parsley, chervil, maybe? A bouquet garni is going to require a lot more
light than you'll find inside, even during the summer. I hope she has a
window that looks out on the British Mediterranean.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
Old 13-08-2010, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Dan L" wrote in message
-septe
mber.org...
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
[...]

I know how to water pots indoors. But look at the OP's message. Either
we're dealing with a language malfunction, or she's not the sharpest crayon
in the box.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Registered User

Well, to plant herbs in the kitchen is the nice idea to fragrance from the kitchen. To plant the herbs in the kitchen I have make the partition as passage to clean out the kitchen. Another thing is that you should not use the mirror polished as your flooring otherwise there is the problem as the slip.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered User

No rims on carpet.I plant herbs in the kitchen to make split As a way to clean out the kitchen. you have to space separate from the rest of the residential garden.
Old 15-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Registered User

I saw a chef in reality show he has his own plant herb in his home. If it posible with him it is possible with you also.