Old 14-08-2010, 10:20 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lyle View Post
Sorry: I can be very dense, so bear with me. What exactly do you
speculate would be the political reasons for tut-tutting about a
rock-garden?
The Yorkshire Dales have many damaged limestone pavements. Intact limestone pavements allow the growth of many uncommon plants in the deep cracks between the stones - eg dark red helleborine, baneberry. Possibly he disapproves of the "politically correct" tut-tutting about the use of limestone for rockeries?