Old 15-08-2010, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Buddleija identity 2 and Fuchsia ident Please

From the pic, the Fuchsia looks a lot like 'Riccartonii' to me David.
'Stumpier', less gracile flowers than magellanica, but the same colour
range and similar, extremely vigorous growth if allowed to grow
unchecked.

That Buddleia has been really vexing me since you posted the pics
yesterday. I'm sure I've seen it before, but couldn't for the life of
me remember when, where or what its specific name was. Funny how
things come to you, but I was doing the washing-up earlier and
suddenly Oxford Botanical garden came to mind, which is where I got an
unidentified S. African Lobelia (and would love to get it back if I
could find it - still don't know the name) and it is also where I'm
sure I saw your Buddleia curviflora. I can't find any pics to verify
it, but am pretty sure that's what it is. It might be worth
contacting Nat. Collection holders who appear to be Longstock Park
Nursery and who also list this species.