Old 15-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Owdboggy Owdboggy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
On 15 Aug, 13:05, Dave Poole wrote:
*Dave Hill wrote:
A group of them togetherhttp://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/Budleija/Mixedgroup0......

From left to right they are F. magellanica, F. magellanica 'alba' & F.
'Riccartonii'

Thanks Dave
That has been in my mind that it was Magellanica, but having had Alba
from a well known Fuschia Nursery that I have known for over 30 years
and them calling it Riccartonii Alba, well who was I to argue, but
I've still had my doubts.
My only reservation has been that the flowers of what I've been
calling "Tree" were more robust, and stout than Alba.
I always try to check plant names when I get new plants but it's not
always possible, I'd rather sell a plant unnamed than with the wrong
name.
David Hill
The Buddleja could well be B. caryopteridifolia, but I would really like to see the leaves and their arrangement on the stems more clearly.