Old 19-08-2010, 12:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Bobcat pee

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:04:05 -0400, Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

It's not scientific because it's a data point of 1, but I think the
stuff works. I haven't had a raccoon problem this year, normally I'm
lucky if I get one ear of corn but this year I've had corn for a over a
week and the only creature eating it is me. Most of my corn is fenced
but that never helped in years past, but this year I've got some corn
in a new garden that doesn't have a fence and it's unmolested also. I
had a few deer in my unfenced garden earlier in the summer but they
haven't been back since I sprinkled the bobcat urine and hung bars of
Irish spring on my tomato cages.

Had some neighbor dogs that barked at me all the time. Put some wolf
**** on my side of fence to drive them away but they ended up rolling
about in ecstasy.

A dog is just a wolf with a nicer personality, it's not surprising that
they wouldn't mind wolf urine. On the other hand a bobcat is probably one
of the few animals that might scare a raccoon. Of course it could be
something else entirely. In early the 80s I had a neighbor who liked to
shoot raccoons, he's long gone but maybe there is another neighbor who is
shooting them now. Trapping them never helped. I've trapped and moved
dozens of them over the years but it never made a dent in their
population.