Old 18-08-2010, 11:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Bobcat pee

It's not scientific because it's a data point of 1, but I think the stuff
works. I haven't had a raccoon problem this year, normally I'm lucky if I
get one ear of corn but this year I've had corn for a over a week and the
only creature eating it is me. Most of my corn is fenced but that never
helped in years past, but this year I've got some corn in a new garden
that doesn't have a fence and it's unmolested also. I had a few deer in
my unfenced garden earlier in the summer but they haven't been back since
I sprinkled the bobcat urine and hung bars of Irish spring on my tomato
cages.

Old 19-08-2010, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

It's not scientific because it's a data point of 1, but I think the stuff
works. I haven't had a raccoon problem this year, normally I'm lucky if I
get one ear of corn but this year I've had corn for a over a week and the
only creature eating it is me. Most of my corn is fenced but that never
helped in years past, but this year I've got some corn in a new garden
that doesn't have a fence and it's unmolested also. I had a few deer in
my unfenced garden earlier in the summer but they haven't been back since
I sprinkled the bobcat urine and hung bars of Irish spring on my tomato
cages.

Had some neighbor dogs that barked at me all the time. Put some wolf
**** on my side of fence to drive them away but they ended up rolling
about in ecstasy.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
globalvoicesonline.org

Old 19-08-2010, 12:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:04:05 -0400, Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

It's not scientific because it's a data point of 1, but I think the
stuff works. I haven't had a raccoon problem this year, normally I'm
lucky if I get one ear of corn but this year I've had corn for a over a
week and the only creature eating it is me. Most of my corn is fenced
but that never helped in years past, but this year I've got some corn
in a new garden that doesn't have a fence and it's unmolested also. I
had a few deer in my unfenced garden earlier in the summer but they
haven't been back since I sprinkled the bobcat urine and hung bars of
Irish spring on my tomato cages.

Had some neighbor dogs that barked at me all the time. Put some wolf
**** on my side of fence to drive them away but they ended up rolling
about in ecstasy.

A dog is just a wolf with a nicer personality, it's not surprising that
they wouldn't mind wolf urine. On the other hand a bobcat is probably one
of the few animals that might scare a raccoon. Of course it could be
something else entirely. In early the 80s I had a neighbor who liked to
shoot raccoons, he's long gone but maybe there is another neighbor who is
shooting them now. Trapping them never helped. I've trapped and moved
dozens of them over the years but it never made a dent in their
population.

Old 19-08-2010, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
A dog is just a wolf with a nicer personality, it's not surprising
that they wouldn't mind wolf urine. On the other hand a bobcat is
probably one of the few animals that might scare a raccoon. Of course
it could be something else entirely. In early the 80s I had a
neighbor who liked to shoot raccoons, he's long gone but maybe there
is another neighbor who is shooting them now. Trapping them never
helped. I've trapped and moved dozens of them over the years but it
never made a dent in their population.

not here either.

i'm thinking i should put out some bowls of
sugar water or cheap lemon lime soda (no
caffiene i don't want them out all day too!)
for them.

in good news, i've actually eaten a few
grapes this year already so i'm ahead of
them. shhhhh! i hope they can't read
usenet...

songbird
Old 19-08-2010, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Aug 18, 6:55*pm, General Schvantzkoph
wrote:
It's not scientific because it's a data point of 1, but I think the stuff
works. I haven't had a raccoon problem this year, normally I'm lucky if I
get one ear of corn but this year I've had corn for a over a week and the
only creature eating it is me. Most of my corn is fenced but that never
helped in years past, but this year I've got some corn in a new garden
that doesn't have a fence and it's unmolested also. I had a few deer in
my unfenced garden earlier in the summer but they haven't been back since
I sprinkled the bobcat urine and hung bars of Irish spring on my tomato
cages.

I think any fresh, strange scent acts as a temporary deterent. I've
been spraying some of wife's discarded perfume to deter deer with some
effect.

Someone sold a neighbor fox urine to deter deer and it worked for a
while but they came back to eat in her garden.

Old 20-08-2010, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
It's not scientific because it's a data point of 1, but I think the
stuff works. I haven't had a raccoon problem this year, normally I'm
lucky if I get one ear of corn but this year I've had corn for a over
a week and the only creature eating it is me. Most of my corn is
fenced but that never helped in years past, but this year I've got
some corn in a new garden that doesn't have a fence and it's
unmolested also. I had a few deer in my unfenced garden earlier in
the summer but they haven't been back since I sprinkled the bobcat
urine and hung bars of Irish spring on my tomato cages.

Children's stories ask "who bells the cat?". I would like to know who
collects these samples in commercial quantities.

David

To pee or not to pee? Muddymike United Kingdom 131 25-11-2009 12:22 PM
Bobcat urine James Edible Gardening 9 22-06-2004 05:05 AM
WTB: BobCat 21" Or? [email protected] Lawns 0 30-05-2004 04:06 PM
WTB: Bobcat 21" Lawn Mower OR? [email protected] Gardening 0 30-05-2004 04:02 PM
Bobcat 54" Deck Blade(s) Question Jhonny Xero Lawns 0 12-06-2003 09:44 PM