Old 19-08-2010, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Another New Raspberry Question

My current summer fruiting raspberries are on their last legs. Having
had them for about 15 years, over this last few years they have been
poorer and poorer, culminating this year in a small crop, and very few
new canes for next years fruit.

I plan to dig ut (may be) half the row, but due to lack of space I've no
where else to plant new canes, except where the old ones come out.

1) Am I asking for trouble replanting in the same spot?
2) What is the best method of preparation and fertilisation for the
ground before replanting?

Ta

Roger T

700 ft up in Mid Wales