Old 19-08-2010, 05:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul Paul is offline

Default Podocarpus(Fern Pine) question

Do any of you have any of these? They look perfect for a couple small spaces
I have. From googling them I see they are slow growing and can be easily
controlled for heighth and width. My question is, how slow growing are they?
Any place here that has them the heighth I would like, 6-7' from the top of
the container,the limbs are pretty sparsley spaced. Seems they are this way
probably from being there for a while and other trees shoved in around them
blocking the sun, and are probably pretty root bound. They are however very
reasonabily priced. If I got one and planted it, how long would it take to
start bushing out with new limbs. I live in zone 8B I believe, San
Bernardino area of So. Cal. Thanks for any info.

--
Paul O.