Old 19-08-2010, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Big cat on news tonight

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:08:49 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

I take these sightings seriously.
My friend saw a huge black cat run across the road in front of her car
once.
She is sensible, does not drink at all and I do not doubt her. She
described it as "as big as a leopard"
Never seen since.

The huge black cat of Whitby turned out to be a Labrador.

This does not mean that sightings of big cats are not true.

It is impossible to prove a negative.

My friend has judged at Crufts - she'd know if it was a dog of any sort.

From my experience having judged at Crufts is not necessarily any
endorsement for being able to recognise a dog.

Certainly not an endorsement of their ability to recognise a normally-
-configured dog.

--