Old 20-08-2010, 07:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default chilies again

In article ,
"Graham" wrote:

A few months ago me a Dutchman asked any tips on growing habanero peppers,
well first of all here are the results thanks for your help,
http://members.chello.nl/j.hutson/chilli.html
But they are now turning from green to orange and I expect to harvest 20 to
30 within weeks, and hopefully more to
follow. I could maybe use one a week. They are very hot. So what do I do
with them? I can think of 3 options,

How does one dry chili peppers?

Graham
www.hutson.nl

Well if your dew point is 40 F. You could pull the plants and hang
them upside down in a dry place. Very traditional .

http://ag.arizona.edu/OALS/ALN/aln29/soleri.html

http://www.infowest.com/business/g/gentle/storage.html

Otherwise a food dehydrator would be a consideration. Do chiles ,
fruits, meats etc. We do pears, pineapple, peaches, apples once did
green peppers.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-...g-a-Food-Dehyd
rator.aspx

--