Old 20-08-2010, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Uncle_vito Uncle_vito is offline

Default Glyphosate

Depends on what your crop it.

Weeds around orange trees are not that big of a deal.

"Steve" wrote in message
On 6/11/2010 9:07 PM, Pat Brennan wrote:
All the farmers are using genetically engineered roundup tolerant crops
and
regularly spraying roundup on the fields to keep the weeds at bay. Over
the
past decade or two the genetically engineered crops have changed the way
farmers grow crops. Thing is super weeds are starting to show up which
are
also roundup tolerant. This time of year the super weeds really show up
and
I have enjoyed checking out fields as I drive around. Looks like we have
at
least 3 or 4 different types of super weeds around here. Some fields
have
real problems while other fields are showing no weeds. This is going to
be
a real problem soon if a Roundup II does not show up soon.

Pat

I like to think that if I was a farmer, and had a batch of those resistant
weeds, I would do what ever it took to keep them from going to seed. If
necessary, using a flame thrower and sacrificing part of the crop to kill
them. Cheaper to do that rather than have them infest the whole field.

Steve