Old 20-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Sambo Sambo is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
I can see very good reasons why they can't survive very well. I gave them in the other thread, but I'll repeat it for your benefit.

Large cats are predators, and need to be taught how to be successful predators in the wild by parental care. Released big cats come from a mix of captive-bred and animals caught in infancy, and have not had to look after themselves recently.

If you don't understand how serious this is for an animals survival chances, consider the case of bats. If you catch a bat and feed it, it becomes unsuitable to be returned to the wild, as after about a fortnight it becomes accustomed to being fed and can no longer survive in the wild.

Have you not seen the television programmes which show how marginal a large predatory cat's existence is, even those living on the game-filled plains of Africa and brought up to look after themselves?

It really is most implausible to think that previously captive large cats can fend for themselves for very long in the British countryside.

Are you joking? Obviously you've never raised a farm cat compared to a pedigree? Its in their genes, they create their own play and don't 'Have' to be taught anything to survive, most of the species are solitary hunters.

Maybe its the mutant humans we should be more worried about anyway...

...Did anyone see 'Wrong Turn 2' last night.... This hillbilly holds this girl by the hair at the start of the movie, and then precedes to chop her clean in half, straight down the middle with an felling axe and her intestines fall onto the floor..lol....then he and his cousin drag off each half of her by the leg...that was so funny...I wet myself! lol!