Old 20-08-2010, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default chilies again

Graham wrote:
A few months ago me a Dutchman asked any tips on growing habanero
peppers, well first of all here are the results thanks for your help,
http://members.chello.nl/j.hutson/chilli.html
But they are now turning from green to orange and I expect to harvest
20 to 30 within weeks, and hopefully more to
follow. I could maybe use one a week. They are very hot. So what do I
do with them? I can think of 3 options,
Can I freeze chili peppers?

Yes they freeze well, they will soften but this is not likely to be a big
problem if they are later to be cooked.

How does one dry chili peppers?

In the sun where the breeze can blow if the humidity is low otherwise in a
dehydrator or a very slow oven (say) 60C

Has anybody ever pickled chili peppers?

Yes, that works too. Any recipe for doing capsicum will do chillis.

I have been to various cooking groups, no replies.
Thanks
Graham
www.hutson.nl

David