Old 22-08-2010, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Helebores

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:27:28 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Hellebores like shade and moist soil with plenty of humus.
HOWEVER, some years ago I put some plants on my allotment in clayey
soil in full sun which sometimes sets like concrete. It was upposed to
be a temporary thing but they were there for years till I moved them.
They did really well and I eventually had quite a bed of them, much
admired, so they WILL do in full sun, but try to dig in some compost
and maybe try to find a more shady place. They do make huge root
balls after a few years. I don't advise growing them in containers
for more than a couple of years.
Look up pictures of various hellebores. My experience is with
h.orientalis

Also known as Elizabeth Hurley

--