Old 23-08-2010, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default cucumber frustration :(

On 8/16/2010 4:49 PM, sockiescat wrote:
i tried growing cucumbers last yr and again this yr but got nabbed by a
virus both
yrs, so frustrating . i checked to see if they were blight resistant
and virus resistant as well so it just adds to the frustration of
things.
anyone else have problems

I gave up on my cukes long ago, got a few. The squash just disappeared,
like it was never there. Something is eating my habenaro pepper, both
leaves and peppers, but how many habenaro peppers do I need?

It's been a bit a hot year, and I've been very busy, so I've been
negligent.

My blueberies, planted last year, have done well. Peaches look good
too, although I don't know what to expect in the season.

My tomatoes have done well, and my neighbor who has all the sunlight,
is a tomato factory. Neither of us has had any musk melons, some
honeydew.No bell peppers.

Since, we are novice gardeners, we assume we just screwed up! But
nature has been quirky.

With El Nino warming things up we can get over the last few "cool"
years (there's been a La Nina). Should be interesting.

Jeff