Old 25-08-2010, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anthony Frost Anthony Frost is offline

Default Lily Trees

writes:

Has anyone tried the Thompson + Morgan lily tree collection?
I bought a set via Tesco clubcard offers (I was toying with the idea of
buying them anyhow, then getting them effectively for free sold them to me!)
and they've been in for a few months with ... slightly inconsistant results
so far.

I got a set last year. One got its top chewed off shortly after poking
above ground but to my surprise came up properly this year. They
didn't like the hot dry weather and a different one has gone over
early, see what happens next season. Picked a couple of RLB off them,
but no damage caused, unlike the 'normal' lilies elsewhere which I
think are going to be a write-off next year.

Anthony