Old 26-08-2010, 09:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default The most droolworthy melon

wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

melon

Define "melon".

Cucumis melo, Citrullus lanatus

As a rule, begrudging them the space, I don't grow
melons but, when I do, it's a fairly thrifty, small watermelon called
"Sugar Baby". It's a "for-two" sized, nearly spherical, dark-skinned,
thin-rinded, near-seedless jewel that, when properly left to fully
ripen, is aptly named and has a good flavor, too. Yes, I know
Americans misspell "flavour" but there's none for it except to
continue the tradition. Can't help with the seed source.They're dirt
common in the 'States but dunno about elsewhere on this Earth. I
don't see them on either T&M site.

Thanks

David