Old 26-08-2010, 11:48 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
In the UK, there is no law in lying through your teeth in an advertisement, provided that you do not claim a medical benefit. Your victims have no comeback, either, PROVIDED that you keep the
advertisement separate from any information supplied as part of
the sale.
Though misleading adverts are not actionable nor a criminal offence, the Advertising Standards Authority can make you withdraw a misleading advert, which happens regularly to Ryanair. BT recently were forced to stop making claims about their broadband rate. British Gas also had to withdraw some ads.

Back to the hibiscus. Although mine died too, it did actually flower first - I bought it as a potted plant with an open flower and several buds. Only gave me about 3 flowers though.